Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Episode 813: Chance Encounters

Spent the last couple of hours before leaving the house repacking, which included leaving behind the two anthologies from EN227 last year. Was going to bring them back, but didn't dare to chance it at the check-in counter. That's how heavy those two books are. Although it turns out I needn't have worried, since my luggage was definitely overweight, but the person at the counter didn't bat an eyelid. Also quite pleased, by the way, that I managed to get all the trash bags into the bin. I know most of them were meant to be sorted for recycling, but I just didn't have the time and leaving them outside for a month didn't seem like a brilliant idea. (Laura should be impressed with me!) Randomly ran into Claire Lim when I got to Pool Meadow from Leamington, who was getting on a coach to Heathrow. Then after she left, I went to the cafe to get a drink, and I ran into Krisztina, who was waiting for a coach to Luton. So rather than having to sit around for just under two hours, waiting for my own coach, I had company most of the way instead! Couldn't post Dan's postcards back to him though, as the post office, to my bemusement, apparently keeps regular office hours, despite the airport experiencing traffic pretty much 24/7. (This is one thing I can never understand about service levels in the West, places not staying open late.) Will just have to do it from Singapore. If you're reading this, Dan, I hope you appreciate the effort, and never trust Laura again.

No comments: