Monday, December 20, 2010

Episode 819: Hanging Out With Old Friends...

Okay, the PDF of the e-zine I'm meant to review arrived in my inbox yesterday, but it's going to have to wait till tomorrow to be read and reviewed. Editor said to aim for 400-500 words, which is about half the length of my last one, so I should be able to get it done fairly quickly. Then I really need to be getting on with my reading for my Shakespeare project! Spent the whole afternoon hanging out with Claudia, Derrick and Eugene Oh, which was good fun. Lunch and then drinks at tcc, or as the company would rather pretentiously have it, the connoisseur concerto. (I still don't see what was wrong with its former name, the coffee connoisseur. Do you?) I know I've said it before, but it's great to have a bunch of friends from my, well, relatively younger days to reconnect with, even if it's only every so often. We walked around Bugis Junction for a bit, which was significantly less crowded than I normally find it, so that was good, I suppose. Popped by the National Library and picked up a huge stack of books, half of which I probably won't end up finishing, and then headed over for dinner with my family at Szechuan Kitchen at the Fairmont Singapore. I think this is the third time in a week that I've had dinner in a Chinese restaurant, it's really quite unusual!

No comments: