Friday, December 17, 2010

Episode 816: Not Distracted, For A Change...

For once, I actually started working when I said I would. Finished the review of Her Fearful Symmetry before dinner, so that's now been uploaded for my editor's approval. I actually found it surprisingly easy to write once I got started, so that was a relief. Now that that's done, I can get on with my heaps of reading. Haven't started on the Shakespearean comedies yet, but have commenced on The Brutal Art, which has already gripped me after a couple of pages. I think it's the patterning of the artworks in the story that intrigues me, really makes me want to know how and why they were created. It's pretty twisted and weird that they all connect into a larger piece of art! In a way, I suppose it's a good thing that so many of the shows I follow go on hiatus for the winter holidays. Fewer distractions! Honestly don't think I'd have been able to get the review done by dinnertime if I had an episode or two to catch up on. Add to that the fact that I've fallen back into the habit of watching Chinese and Cantonese serials continuously from 9 pm till past midnight, doesn't leave me with a lot of time on weekday evenings to do work! I'm wondering if it's realistic to aim to finish one comedy per afternoon. It's definitely feasible, but it depends on how focused I remain whilst reading, doesn't it? That, unfortunately, tends to be wildly unpredictable.

No comments: