Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Episode 842: Thank You, Len Kuntz!

So much for my wanting to write the next big vampire hit. Apparently, Justin Cronin's already beaten me to it with The Passage. It sounds like the kind of thing I would read, so I'm waiting for the 'B Format' paperback to come out from Orion. Might just end up ordering the 'C Format' and returning it in mint condition once I've read it, if I can't wait till May. I've read about half of Mindblast, and have decided that much as I find it interesting, I'm not going to let it prevent me from getting a third consecutive night of more than eight hours of sleep. I've read enough of it to say something in tomorrow's seminar anyway, I think. Incidentally, Eunoia Review hit 100 published pieces the day before I flew back, and the site has been averaging more than 50 visits daily for more than a week now. This is definitely because Len Kuntz's flash fictions are immensely popular. Am hoping that some of the readers will stick around even after the run of his pieces is over, but I'm realistic enough to expect that there will be an appreciable drop in visitors nevertheless. On the other hand, the journal's profile should get boosted in April, once Duotrope's Digest takes it off the list of 'Fledgling' markets, as it should then qualify for both the 25 Swiftest Poetry Markets and the 25 Most Approachable Poetry Markets. Seeing as I've already got pieces scheduled for publication until mid-March, I'd say I don't have to worry about not getting enough submissions to last Duotrope's required six months.

No comments: