Sunday, January 30, 2011

Episode 860: Dear Self, Please Read/Write Faster

Still haven't read the two Middleton plays for this week. It's a shame though, as the introduction in the Oxford edition makes them sound really interesting. Going to try and get through a couple of scenes of Women Beware Women before going to bed, and then read the rest tomorrow, along with The Changeling. I'm only making such a huge effort (or planning to anyway) because I think it would be nice to be at a Shakespeare seminar for once this term and know what's actually going on, instead of relying purely on guesswork to get by. No, I still haven't made progress with my creative project either, and it's really starting to bug me. I have a concept, but am unable to bring myself to execute it. Am actually hoping that reading Pirandello's Six Characters In Search Of An Author will help me to get things moving. I've also realised that I'm going to need to write a really brilliant commentary to justify what might otherwise be construed as laziness, i.e. the whole dancing around the issue of interpretation. Again, hoping one of the articles I've got will give me something clever to say in order to back up my position. Incidentally, fiction meeting didn't happen, but at least now I've got another story that can be edited and go into the portfolio due next term.

No comments: