Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Episode 1394: Monocle And I Aren't Meant To Be, It Seems

Had a surprisingly productive afternoon. Went to pick up a parcel from the Post Room, which turned out to be the book that the Library has just agreed to order too, so I can return this to Amazon UK. Have also just realised that the e-books for this whole New Writing Viewpoints series are all accessible on the Multilingual Matters website. Handy, as I'm interested to read more of the series (it's all about creative writing), but I'm not ready to fork out so much money. (Speaking of which, someone outbid me for the 32 issues of Monocle at the last minute, probably using autobid software. Ah well. Guess it wasn't meant to be.) Went from the Post Room to the Library, and managed to more than double the word count of my introduction. I'm right in the middle of the literature review now, and I'm going to continue working on it tomorrow or Thursday, with a view to finishing it all up during the weekend. Still trying to figure out how much I can cram into my first chapter, but I'll figure it out. I think the right approach is to focus on the Merlion as an icon of liminality, and allow all the tourism and nation branding stuff to unfold from there.

No comments: