Thursday, July 26, 2012

Episode 1403: (Sort Of) Procrastinating!

Iain Britton's tusitala of white lies arrived in the post today, and again, it's a beautifully executed pamphlet, writing and presentation alike. Spent the morning helping to tidy the Kidz Klub cupboard at Elim, and then came home and frittered away the afternoon. I did get around to skimming through some articles that I think I'll be referencing at the start of my first chapter, which I'm planning to start writing either tomorrow or on Saturday, before Toby's birthday drinks. I think as long as I can get it started, it'll just zip along like the introduction. I'm giving myself the whole of next week to write it as well though, in anticipation of this being the hardest part of the dissertation to sort out. To put off work for a bit longer though, I've finally got around to reading Robert James Russell's Sea Of Trees. I've heard of Aokigahara before, and if I'm ever in Japan, it'll be one of the places that I want to visit. I mean, it's at the base of Mount Fuji, so it's not exactly like I'd have to go out of my way to be in the vicinity, right? It's more a question of when I'll find the time to actually make a trip to Japan.

No comments: