Saturday, July 28, 2012

Episode 1405: Sleepyhead

Woke up in time to trek to the Post Room to pick up my parcel, full of books bought with my £50 Amazon UK voucher. Was going to get started on my dissertation's first chapter before Toby's birthday drinks, but that didn't happen because I was feeling so sleepy that I took a two-hour nap instead. I mean, I was barely paying attention to the episode of Common Law that I was watching, which is saying a lot since I'm usually glued to all the USA Network shows that I follow on a weekly basis. That's how sleepy I was. Anyway, I've been having a listen to Joshua Hyslop's tracks since discovering him yesterday, and I have to say, I'm really enjoying them. It's a bit weird because I'm not normally into folk stuff, but there's something about the Christian phrasings that run through Hyslop's lyrics that I find really interesting. (Come to think of it, that's one of the things that I love about Opaque Nature, whose music is also has folk influences.) I even like his use of the banjo. So here's hoping that with the backing of a label like Nettwerk, he'll be putting out albums for years to come!

No comments: