Monday, March 08, 2010

Episode 532: (My Equivalent Of) Major Progress

I've finished my introduction, having rewritten what was there to begin with and more than doubling its length. I think it's pretty clear now what my essay is meant to be about, so I just need to write it all out. (I know the module page says that my final thesis should come about after I've written the rest of the essay, but I don't buy that. My mind refuses to work that way.) I've actually found a book tying together sexuality and spirituality in the context of the Judaeo-Christian tradition, which maps back nicely onto ideas of sensuality versus religion and body versus mind, that sort of thing. Am tempted to stay up to write the next paragraph, which will then lead nicely into how sensuality and religion in 'The Eve Of St. Agnes' are portrayed as worlds that are incomplete when kept separate, but with a French test tomorrow, I think I'll just go to bed early instead. After all, it's not like the idea's going to fly away from me, now that I've got it mapped out in my head. Feels like things are really falling into place for this essay, and as long as I can be disciplined and find a pocket of time, I could really finish this in good time and not need to pull anything remotely resembling an all-nighter. Of course, given my track record, that's probably not going to happen, but it's a good feeling to have, all the same.

No comments: