Monday, March 29, 2010

Episode 553: No, I Didn't Pretend To Hold It Up

Saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the afternoon, which like Stonehenge (for me anyway) was a lot less impressive in reality than what I'd been led to believe. There were loads of touts again though, although I got approached less than the other people on my tour. (The touts were probably just being a bit racist and assuming I didn't speak English. Fine by me in this instance.) There's WiFi in this hotel, although I suspect I'm paying a lot for it because I seem able to freely access it without needing to go through any of the activation procedures specified by the front desk. We'll see when it's time to leave the hotel tomorrow. There's even a laptop provided in my room by the way, which is just incredible. I was prepared to pay the highest activation cost because it gives unlimited usage instead of charging per minute, and splitting the payment with Alberto, who seems to be my permanent roommate for the rest of the trip, but at the moment, even if I do end up being charged, we've used nowhere near €15, so it's fine by me. The club in Florence was okay, I guess. Karaoke in a club is a bit of a novelty, but I thought the music on the whole was pretty boring, hardly the kind of stuff I'd dance to, so I left before it was even midnight. I'd had my complimentary drink anyway, and I wasn't looking to get hammered. (Am I ever?)

No comments: