Sunday, April 04, 2010

Episode 559: Austrian Craziness

We had breakfast under the glass pyramid of the hotel, which was pretty cool, if a bit far to walk to. I think I've chipped a tooth because I get a slight twinge when I chew on my right side. Caught the ending of Mass, so I did make it into a church on Easter despite being on holiday. Later went back to do a tour of the catacombs beneath, which was creepily fantastic. All those bones piled up in there, bodies of the bishops, really amazing stuff. Also went into a museum housing the imperial treasures, so lots of gold and jewels all about the place. Am still ill though, so walking about the whole afternoon was quite exhausting. We also visited the famous Fischer schnapps museum. The man who showed us around was really humorous! We also got to try all sorts of stuff, including an absinthe cocktail that actually tasted pretty delicious. Would've bought a bottle, but I didn't have enough cash on me, and having to carry it back would've been a bit of a pain anyway. Also got to try a liqueur with gold in it, which I could actually feel on the tip of my tongue. It's supposed to be good for your health! Dinner was at this restaurant with wacky decor, where they rolled out the red carpet for us, even with a ribbon to cut. I've turned into a big fan of schnitzel in just two days. Never thought I'd actually find tender turkey, but hey, there's a first for everything. The restaurant has played host to loads of famous people, so being there was great. Ended the night with a party on the bus, which was quite funny because it was mostly people bumping into each other in the aisle, trying to dance without falling over.

No comments: