Friday, April 30, 2010

Episode 585: Finally, Some Work Got Done

Joel Stein has contributed a snarky list to TIME: Least Influential People of 2010. Some of it is genuinely funny, although there's a lot of empty snark in there as well. I am pleased to note that both Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag made the list though. The Hills is one of those 'reality' shows that's dragged on far too long. Come on people, give Tinsley Mortimer a chance to squander her media standing too! Although why The CW felt the need to create the pointless 'reality' mess that is High Society when fake stuff like Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, and goodness, even Melrose Place obviously has more entertainment value, I will never understand. Can American viewers really be that thick (and pathetic)? You know what? Don't even answer that. Work went rather well today. I finished off the French comprehension in pretty much record time, and I also stayed up till 4 am last night to finish the portfolio for EN232, which I've now e-mailed to a couple of people for feedback. Now I just need to finish off a short French composition, and then it's time to tackle that monstrosity of a commentary. I'm still a bit bowled over by the fact that my commentary is going to be at least 1000 words longer than the combined word count of my poems.

No comments: