Saturday, April 24, 2010

Episode 579: The Angels Are Back!

You know what sucks? Finally deciding to go to bed at a decent hour, and then not being able to fall asleep because your feet are constantly aching. That was me last night, so I ended up sleeping till 1 pm again. Anyway, I've finally read the last of the plays that I bought in London, Paul Sellar's 2 Graves. It's a one-man play and the lines display some virtuosic rhyming, but the ending's pretty disappointing in that it's too conventionally moralising and happens far too quickly, compared to the rest of the play's action. It's like Sellar decided, right, that's enough now, so I'm just going to finish this off as quickly as possible. (I should probably point out in all fairness that I don't have an idea as to how the play could have been finished off. I'm just saying the ending as it is didn't quite work for me.) Am heading to the pub in a bit to meet Dan, but hopefully, by the time I get back I'll be able to find the latest episode of Doctor Who. I really do love the Weeping Angels. They creep me out more than the Daleks ever will. Otherwise, I'll just get around to reading either Kazuo Ishiguro's Nocturnes or Paulo Coelho's The Winner Stands Alone, both of which recently arrived in the post. (This whole not-buying-books thing really hasn't been working out too well, as you can tell.) There are worse ways to spend a Saturday night!

No comments: