Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Episode 569: An Uncharacteristically Early Start To The Day

Oddly enough, I woke up this morning around 9 am, and despite refusing to get out of bed, never managed to quite fall back asleep again. So I got up. What a difference starting the day early makes! It's like all these hours I've never discovered before, suddenly there at my disposal. So I did useless things like catch up on V and the season finale of Melrose Place, which was kind of abrupt, especially if the series doesn't get renewed. No closure! To be honest though, at this point I don't really care about anyone on the show other than Ella, whose scheming ways would surely be a match for Blair's. It's too bad it's just not the done thing to add new people to ensemble casts, otherwise Katie Cassidy could just ditch Melrose Place and be added to Gossip Girl to mix things up there. I've promised myself to start some form of work tomorrow, so the question is whether it'll be working on the French mini-essay about Enfance, which I'm quite excited to write because I've never done literary criticism in French, or soldiering on with my piece about the media and natural disasters. I don't feel as strongly for the piece as I did when I first penned the opening paragraphs, but it should be easy enough to slip back into the tone of the piece, if I can just decide what the next paragraph should be talking about. I have things to say, certainly, but the order in which they should appear in the piece is something I have yet to establish.

No comments: