Friday, April 23, 2010

Episode 578: Writing About Enfance...

I really like how the sun seems to have decided to make a permanent acquaintance with us. It's about bloody time too. The title for the mini-essay I'm writing in French right now on Nathalie Sarraute's Enfance is 'Les mots qui blessent.' It's going pretty well, and I should be able to finish it by tonight, just to get it out of the way. I've been putting it off for too long, and now I feel a bit rusty, partly because I'm not used to carrying out literary analysis in a foreign language. Still need to think about the topic for my oral presentation, and actually prepare something to say that lasts five minutes. Anyway, I've decided that next year, I'm going to spend more money on acquiring poetry. It's a decision that's arisen out of the realisation that for someone who mainly writes poetry, I don't actually have a very wide exposure to it. Oh, I read enough to get by, I suppose, but not nearly as much as I think I should. (This probably applies to my reading in general really!) So yeah, less spending on frivolous things like clothes next year, I think. Well, unless there's a really good Diesel or G-Star RAW online sale.

No comments: