Friday, August 12, 2011

Episode 1054: I'm A New Wena Poon Fan

Have been a bit sick ever since that day I rearranged my books, probably because of all the dust, so I gave cell a miss this evening. Also meant I couldn't go down to Kinokuniya, so I'm going to do it tomorrow before having dinner at my grandmother's place. Haven't decided what I'm going to exchange my books for. Purely in terms of getting my money's worth, I should only exchange them for other locally published stuff. Part of me really wants to get two books from among the Gollancz paperbacks of Greg Egan's Zendegi, Ian McDonald's The Dervish House, Alastair Reynolds's Terminal World or the Penguin paperback of William Gibson's Zero History, all published in the UK. I mean, the money spent can't be refunded, so I might as well get something that I definitely want, right? There was pretty much nothing left in the local literature section that I want, from what I could see that day. Guess I'll just have to make up my mind on the spot tomorrow! In the meantime, I'm trying to finish reading Telltale: Eleven Stories, edited by Gwee Li Sui. The stories are definitely a cut above the likes of Goh Sin Tub, that's for sure. Am definitely a new fan of Wena Poon, whose work has been published in the UK by Salt. What a small world it is!

No comments: