Monday, August 15, 2011

Episode 1057: Which Module Should I Take?

First of my books from The Book Depository arrived today, China Miéville's Kraken. Rather annoyed that the book's been slightly damaged during transit though, which is a perennial issue with The Book Deppsitory because the company uses padded envelopes, unlike Amazon, which uses cardboard packaging. Oh well, it's not like I can get an exchange, at least not without forking out the cost of postage to return this copy. Speaking of Miéville, I haven't actually made any headway with my plan to get through all his novels over the summer. I know, I'm just too undisciplined about reading! Unless I get back to a book a day like I managed for a while last summer, I'm never going to read most of the books I want to before flying back. Currently though, my main concern is deciding on my MA modules. I've settled on all my choices for Spring Term, and my first choice for Autumn Term, but I'm having trouble making my mind up about what to put down as my second and reserve choices for Autumn Term. Basically, one module on translation studies sounds interesting, but I haven't a clue if it's assessed with a typical essay like other English modules, while the module on urban modernism is recommended for my Poetry and Poetics pathway and covers some texts I'm particularly interested in, but the tutor teaching it left a bad impression on me in first year because of her lecturing style.

No comments: