Thursday, August 25, 2011

Episode 1067: Singapore's Knightsbridge

I known for a while that H&M is coming to Singapore. What I didn't realise was that the store is at Knightsbridge, a rebranded mall along Orchard Road. Also didn't know that another tenant is going to be the second Asian outlet of Abercrombie & Fitch! Can finally fulfil my single remaining shallow sartorial aspiration, the next time I'm back in Singapore. Of course, the Singapore store has promised to continue being discriminatory, I mean, discriminating, in its hiring practices, in life with the brand's image. I'm slightly sceptical because if the crowds I squeeze through in local shopping belts are any indication, attractive people of A&F calibre are more the exception than the norm here, unless they're not actually Singaporeans. I predict the employees are more likely than not to end up consisting of pan-Asian models, rather than those with a more 'local' look. Regardless, all this implied criticism isn't going to stop me picking up a few pieces from the A&F store once it opens, prices depending. Too bad the parent company has already terminated the more age-appropriate (for me) Ruehl No.925 brand!

No comments: