Saturday, August 27, 2011

Episode 1069: PE 2011

It's not every year you get to vote twice in four months. That said, I can honestly say that I don't care who wins the presidential election. Wouldn't it be nice if reality had a fast-forward button? Then we could find out who wins and all go to bed, instead of waiting for recounts. (I freely admit that if I stay up to hear the results, it's literally only because like pretty much every other Singaporean following GE 2011, I think Yam Ah Mee is amazing!) The actual voting this time was even more anticlimactic than when I was in London in May, as it was at North View Secondary School, right beside my block. The polling agents were momentarily at a loss at what to do because I'm still registered to vote overseas, but they eventually got their act together. Haven't made any progress with my dissertation proposal. Instead, I've been playing various versions of 'Awakening' and 'Forever Reign', trying to figure out which version's the best to use when I'm leading worship at COGS in September. 'Awakening' is especially tricky because the Chris Tomlin and various Hillsong versions all have noticeably different arrangements, even though the core riffs of the song are kept throughout.

No comments: