Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Episode 1065: £8.97 Makes A Lot Of Difference

Am £8.97 poorer, but getting my TV shows back is going to be easier than I thought. Can't imagine why I didn't think of this solution in the first place! Now the only tedious thing is having to click through the individual encrypted links (although trawling the Internet for unencrypted URLs is also feasible, and rather less tedious), but at least it's faster than P2P. I might have been a bit optimistic though, in saying to Shirley that I'll have the contents of my external hard drive back by tomorrow. Thinking of adding a couple of shows to my TV collection anyway, since my Megaupload premium subscription lasts a month. Like Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I feel like I've missed out, not having seen such a seminal television series, and one created by Joss Whedon, no less. It's practically criminal, right? (I suspect Dan might agree with me on this.) Now that this problem is well on its way to being solved, I can kick back and finish up reading Geosynchron. Frankly, the whole Jump 225 trilogy is just a TV series waiting to happen, and if the economics of TV production and advertising weren't what they are, and David Louis Edelman had a higher profile (and was willing to sell the adaptation rights), I'm pretty sure that series would have been made by now. I realise I actually say that a lot about books that I enjoy, but I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing.

No comments: