Sunday, August 28, 2011

Episode 1070: Tony Tan It Is...

In the end, the finish of PE 2011 proved to be as nail-biting as GE 2011, with recounts meaning the result wasn't official till I was in bed. Tony Tan is now the seventh President of Singapore, by a whisker of a margin. Had the Equinox high tea in the afternoon, where the desserts were better than the rest of the food and the mango juice was excellent. Not sure what the draw of the place is though, apart from the view from the 69th floor, which is admittedly excellent. Anyway, I still haven't done anything about my proposal, although I've continued to read and schedule submissions. Currently, the queue is holding steady at about eight months, so I don't think there's any need to double up posts from October onwards to trim it, which I was seriously considering doing. If writers insist on having instant publishing gratification, well, they're not going to get it from this editor. Especially when they should've been forewarned, assuming they even looked at the site before submitting! Time to distract myself with the returning episode of Doctor Who...

No comments: