Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Episode 1072: Selamat Hari Raya!

Totally forgot that it's Hari Raya Puasa today. Public holidays are clearly wasted on people like me. Tried to buy the Interlogue volumes that I'm missing from the Ethos Books website, but it wouldn't play nice with my Visa, so I'm probably going to end up paying by cheque. Great to see that the publisher still has the titles in stock though, considering that the second volume on poetry, the one most relevant to my dissertation needs, was published more than a decade ago. Have e-mailed my proposal and module choices to the department, so it's back to waiting. Speaking of which, all the graduation stuff I bought has yet to arrive, apart from the departmental photographs, which were amazingly prompt, considering posting to non-UK addresses usually takes forever. If the stuff doesn't arrive within a fortnight, I think it's time to start chasing the companies responsible. Have also finally ordered a bookshelf from Scanteak, so all those boxes of books are finally going to be proudly displayed, if not always read. I mean, I was going to finish reading the two dozen or so issues of Timothy McSweeney's Quarterly Concern that I ordered earlier this year, but so far, I've only made it through Issues 1 and 2!

No comments: