Friday, August 19, 2011

Episode 1061: 11/20

That's how many of our JC classmates made it to dinner and drinks tonight. I think we were all pretty impressed that we managed to rustle up so many people on relatively short notice, and it was great meeting up with people, some of whom I haven't seen for nearly half a decade, and finding out what everyone's up to these days over dinner at Soup Restaurant in Suntec City, and then beers at FIV五 Izakaya Bar. Before that, I was in the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library, making photocopies. Most of the stuff I had to find was on Level 8, but the photocopying room there was completely full by the time I'd found them all and the photocopying guy told me to try the room on Level 9. That's where the mother tongue resources are, and lo and behold, the room was completely empty, just like he said it would be. (Why am I not surprised?) Spent over $20 photocopying possibly more material than I'll end up reading, let alone using, so if my proposal (which I haven't written) winds up getting turned down by the department, I'm going to be more than a little annoyed.

No comments: