Saturday, February 21, 2009

Episode 152: I Can't Believe It

I can't believe this. Today, after the CM1 session ended, I was thinking of walking to Costcutter to grab more food. On the way, I passed by the Bookshop, and randomly decided to pop in instead. Guess what was one of the first things to catch my eye? A copy of the B-format Faber & Faber edition of Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness Of Being, which I've been searching for for the last year or so, whether in bookshops or online. (See here for an interesting discussion about the significance of paperback size.) It even comes with the same cover design as the A-format paperback edition I had all along, before I had the means to obsess about things like uniformity of book sizes on my shelves. Finding it kind of made my day. That and watching the latest episode of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, which everyone should totally start watching now! This new show is pretty awesome. Really. I'm basically a sucker for anything with a science fiction plot, but I think this could be the next big thing for TV. Now that I'm done with CM1, it's time to start working on pulling together the portfolio, which obviously didn't happen tonight. If I don't get at least part of one assignment done by next week though, I'm not going to let myself register for another module this term, even though there's stuff that I want to do. Randomly, am tempted to order the PostSecret books...

No comments: