Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Episode 155: Pancakes!

Wrote my performance writing piece after Lucy and Sophie left for their seminar. It's somehow become a piece about circuses and an orphanage, although that latter bit doesn't hit the reader/listener until the very end. Shirley complained that I've turned circuses into something depressing, but well, that was kind of the idea, to be honest. Anyway, researching the whole circus thing got me onto Cirque du Soleil. I'm quite sure that I've seen one of their shows that made a stop in Singapore. I've managed to find the soundtracks for all the shows, which is just great. More random music for my iTunes library. Yay! Went down to Leamington Spa for the Good Food Society's pancake social and had my fill, so that cheered me up after I finally got confirmation that the postal system had screwed up and lost the books I sent back for a refund. Not to mention that the company has such awful customer service. Two e-mails through their online form went unanswered, and it was only after I fired off an angry e-mail directly from my account that I managed to get a reply telling me that the books hadn't arrived. Like was it so hard to tell me that in the first place? Consider this a £10 lesson learnt! Sigh...

No comments: