Monday, February 23, 2009

Episode 154: Reading Done, Writing Undone

I just finished eating what was perhaps the most balanced meal I've made entirely by myself since I've come to Warwick. Pasta, baked potatoes and sausages. Admittedly, the pasta was boiled a few days ago, the baked potatoes were fresh out of the microwave, and the sausages came out of a jar. It was reasonably yummy, I guess. I've managed to finish the required reading for a EN122 seminar, for once. It was pretty interesting, and made me want to read Erich Auerbach's Mimesis: The Representation Of Reality In Western Literature. Intimidating title, but the premise sounds intriguing. Easter vacation reading, perhaps? I've also started charting my use of time this week for the CM1 portfolio. It got off to a rather depressing start, but having managed to finish the Greenblatt chapter, I feel redeemed. Somewhat. Still can't figure out what to write for my EN124 seminar on Wednesday morning though. How does 'And we were afraid, but in a good way' sound as a repeated chant? I'm liking it at the moment, but as is often the case, it's a good idea that I have no idea what to do with.

No comments: