Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Episode 408: Here We Go Again...

Have only written about half of my Blake essay, which is bad because it means I've procrastinated too much again, but good in the sense that I'm way ahead compared to where I'd normally be. May not even have to stay up all night! I'm pleased with the main idea that my analysis is based on. I think it's clever, although to me, it possibly runs the risk of being clever for its own sake. It is true, however, that re-reading is rewarding, as the linguistic repetitions I've picked up on actually accumulated over several reads. Have not managed to read The Two-Part Prelude yet, but somehow don't feel like I'm missing out on much. Am not, admittedly, the biggest fan of Wordsworth. Maybe I just have no mind of my own, but I do kind of agree with Emma Francis about preferring Coleridge over Wordsworth because of the different ways in which they treat their human characters. I did read everything else for this week's lecture and seminar though, so don't feel too bad about it. Now if only I had spent the afternoon more productively instead of watching an episode of Melrose Place, which wasn't even that good. I'm honestly just watching it because I've already started and there is a reasonable amount of eye candy on that show.

No comments: