Sunday, November 01, 2009

Episode 405: Slightly Irritated With Myself...

I have a slight headache, so I think I shall go to bed after typing this instead of trying to read. Or write, for that matter. Have done absolutely nothing since buying groceries at Tesco with Bex and John after lunch at Varsity. Wasn't even going to do that because of the rain in the morning, but it cleared up enough by the end of service, so I figured, what the heck, I'll just get it over and done with. I couldn't even manage to do the Wordsworth reading, despite taking the book off my shelf earlier, fully intending to do so. I ended up wrapping the book with plastic instead, which left me feeling quite satisfied with myself, but having accomplished nothing of real value whatsoever. I did start on a poem for EN273, but I made it to eight lines before deciding it wasn't worth continuing, or at least, it wasn't saying what I wanted to say about this week's reading from Herodotus. May actually do the usual thing and try writing it later, under the covers, if I can figure out what form I want this week's poem to take. I've already gone through syllabics, ballad, pantoum, and I was thinking tanka this time, but I can't quite figure out how that'd work. I could give each character one tanka (Candaules, Gyges, unnamed Lydian queen) and then have a final summative tanka, but do I have enough to say about each of them to fill out five lines? Possibly. I really wanted to finish writing this week's poem tonight, so that I could start on the close reading tomorrow, but I guess that's not going to happen anymore, is it? Sigh.

No comments: