Friday, November 13, 2009

Episode 417: Titles Collected, Reviews Written!

I need sturdier shoes. Either that, or China needs to improve the quality of its manufacturing. After just two days walking about London, my shoes have got more splits in the rubber than ever. Not impressed. May consider buying a couple of pairs of new shoes when I get back to Singapore. The Oxfam at Goodge Street didn't have any books, but I had dinner at KFC and have since decided that my idea of the perfect marinade for chicken would be a cross between KFC and Nando's. Was up till 4 am this morning working on the titles for WSC. That Moulin Rouge! title was a real pain, even with the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop. I also finished writing both of my reviews this morning before Claudia and I headed over to Topman at Oxford Circus. No, I didn't watch either of the films I reviewed (Jennifer's Body and Sommersturm), but well, I think the reviews were fair. It was hard giving Jennifer's Body a positive spin though, since that is apparently quite a lousy movie, considering it was written by Diablo Cody, who won an Oscar for her work on Juno. Oh well. Am now watching TV on my laptop, but may do the Shelley and Byron readings for next week after this. Would really like to get started on my report for the Archaeology certificate, but I'm still unsure what information to work with.

No comments: