Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Episode 415: London Getaway

The trip down to London was uneventful, even had time before it to swing by the Arts Centre and the Bread Oven to say hi to church people and Sophie respectively. Managed to swing by Tesco as well to grab some food for the journey, although trying to eat in a moving coach is generally not a good idea. Gives me a headache. I did try to read more of J. G. Ballard's Super-Cannes, but only got through a couple of chapters before I dozed off. I can't quite make up my mind about the novel so far, as I can tell it's trying to be clever, but that's the problem, I can tell it's trying. I'm sure I'll revise my opinion by the end, but right now, it's feeling a bit iffy. Claudia made us all dinner when she got back, which was couscous with chorizo and vegetables, and it was really good! I always eat much healthier when other people cook for me, it's kind of sad in a way. Couscous is really easy to prepare though, so maybe I should consider adding that to my paltry range of meals. Am going to trawl the Oxfam stores tomorrow, at least the ones on Marylebone High Street and Drury Lane. Hopefully, I'll pick up some poetry on the cheap!

No comments: