Sunday, November 15, 2009

Episode 419: Back In Coventry...

Was going to grab some McDonald's for the coach journey back to Coventry, but I forgot that it was still breakfast hours. Epic fail! Got home and was greeted by the humming of our new washer-dryer, so we all know what's going to occupy me for the better part of tomorrow, before I head down with the Ugly Cousins Club for David Morley's launch in Leamington. Spent some time shelving the books I bought, as well as vacuuming my room, before talking to my mum on Skype for about two hours. (First time this term, but only because it took forever to get Internet in my house, and after that, it just didn't seem pressing and my sister was never online for me to tell her to put my mum on because of her nursing attachment.) Am presently looking forward to the latest Doctor Who special, which I should be able to catch before going to bed tonight. Meanwhile, have been listening to the new OneRepublic album, which is proving enjoyable so far. I particularly like the new single, 'All The Right Moves'. Got to love Ryan Tedder's killer falsetto, which I sincerely hope isn't studio-enhanced because that's just cheating. Next up on my playlist: Kris Allen's debut. I don't really care about American Idol as a rule, but his voice is what really does it for me. I know a lot of people prefer Adam Lambert, but Lambert's singing, to me anyway, is so self-consciously theatrical. It's like it's telling you, 'Listen up, I sound bloody amazing, right?' That just totally puts me off. Also really looking forward to Lady Gaga's EP, The Fame Monster, as well as her upcoming appearance on Gossip Girl. Didn't like 'Bad Romance' that much when I first heard it, but it's kind of grown on me, I guess? The video, however, is typically bizarre.

No comments: