Monday, November 30, 2009

Episode 434: Little Bits That Add Up

Finished the essay around 2 am! Felt that it was decent, but think it's not quite as good as I'd meant for it to be, which is annoying. Oh well, it's worth 1.875% of my degree. Doesn't sound like a lot to be honest, but it all adds up in the end, so it would be nice to get a First for my first piece of assessed work this year. Given how I'm relying on LL209 to pull up my overall average this year, it's a bit disconcerting how little studying I've done for my test tomorrow, which is admittedly worth only 1.25% of my degree. I have gone through the irregular verb conjugations and the negations, but there doesn't seem to be anything else that I can do. I know we're not supposed to use the dictionary for the grammar section, but given that dictionary entries for verbs tend to provide enough information to extrapolate from, I don't see what not using the dictionary actually means. It's not as if everyone's suddenly going to shut their dictionaries together for one section of the paper! Anyway, have started on the creative writing for this week by doing the pseudo-translation of H. C. Branner for Peter Blegvad's seminar on Friday. There is some sort of story here, slightly disturbing and eerie. Not sure what to make of it really.

No comments: