Thursday, November 19, 2009

Episode 423: First Rehearsal (For Me Anyway)

Song was easy to pick up, and apparently, the ensemble doesn't have as many songs to learn and the guys have one song less than the girls. Yay! In other news, we wrote sestinas in EN238 today, which isn't a form that I would voluntarily pick. David Morley's forms this term so far have seemed to revolve a lot around repetition. It kind of works for me, but I think I just need to assemble a combination of six words that I find more interesting. The ones I was working with during the seminar were really more or less randomly off the top of my head. Analysis of Blake came back as a 74, confirming my suspicion that I will never amount to more than a clever mediocrity. Good, but never stunningly brilliant. Well, at least I know what standard to match for my assessed close reading due in Week 9. We've finally switched lecturers for the module, by the way, and Jonathan Bate was really entertaining. I know, I know. We don't go to lectures to be entertained, but it certainly helps if the lecturer is engaging. Have almost settled on 'Ozymandias' as my choice for the assessed work, especially after we teased out some of the complexities during the seminar that had bothered me when I last read the poem.

No comments: