Sunday, September 12, 2010

Episode 720: 3OH!3

Merlin is back! Morgana as the good-girl-gone-bad is actually a bit boring, to be honest. Now her character feels a bit one-dimensional. Oh well. We might finally be headed for the Arthur-becomes-king storyline, although all I'm really waiting for is for Merlin to reveal to him that he has magical powers. For the past couple of days, 3OH!3's latest album, Streets Of Gold, has been my guilty musical pleasure. You know what I'm talking about. You know you shouldn't like it, but it's just too catchy not to. I mean, I can listen to the entire album twice in a row, every single track, without getting sick of it. That's how catchy I think it is. Men In Space is turning out to be not quite as appealing as Remainder was, largely because I'm not impressed so far by its deliberately fragmentary structuring. His new novel, C, is already winning accolades though, and it sounds like it's got more in common with Remainder than Men In Space (which honestly feels like a sophomore slump to me), so I'll probably find a way to get hold of a copy when I get back to the UK. Oh, and so far, the Internet problems are staying gone. I've been unable to load Bejeweled Blitz for a week though, which is a little annoying.

No comments: