Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Episode 709: Skype-ing My Editor

Didn't do any reading today, but I sure watched a lot of TV. New episodes of Warehouse 13, Covert Affairs and the series finale of BBC's The Deep. I thought the ending of that last one was pretty much crap, by the way. Covert Affairs continues to be brilliant, unsurprisingly, although I don't think I can really see Piper Perabo and Sendhil Ramamurthy's characters dating. I'd much rather see her end up with Christopher Gorham because I think they have better on-screen chemistry. Anyway, I just got off Skype with my Evolve Journal editor, who wanted to have a quick chat about the journal. I'm generally quite rubbish at carrying on actual conversations as opposed to sending SMSes, partly because you can't edit a conversation while it's happening, and I have these idealised notions of what a conversation I'm having should sound like, but it never quite works out like the dialogue in a novel. (That sounds incredibly stupid/weird, right?) So we chatted for about 20 minutes, and my editor seems like a nice enough guy. If anything, he was almost as awkward as I was over Skype. Haha!

No comments: