Friday, September 24, 2010

Episode 732: What Should I Bring Back?

Just weighed the books that I want to bring back with me on this trip, and the total comes up to around 12 kg. Could probably prune it down a little, get it to 10 kg instead. Wouldn't matter if I don't have a lot of clothes to bring back though, and then there's still another 7 kg that I'm entitled to as carry-on. Not to mention that I can stuff a lot of books into my laptop bag as well, which nobody other than the Emirates counter staff has ever asked to weigh. Most of the books I'm taking with me are poetry, and I'm not even sure how I'm justifying it to myself, beyond the fact that it's almost entirely Singaporean poetry, which I can't find over in the UK. If I do end up flying back in December like I plan to, I'm going to be bringing home my Murakami books, so I suppose what I'm taking over this time can occupy the vacated space instead! Anyway, my review of FRiGG Issue 29 is now up here, and I think you should check it out. (Both the review and the magazine itself, naturally.) Just one more review to write before I head back to the UK!

No comments: