Sunday, July 03, 2011

Episode 1014: Read A Book Or Watch A Film?

No books finished today, I'm afraid, although I may get on with some reading after I get off my laptop. Am planning to watch the last Harry Potter movie the day after it premieres in Singapore, which is an unusual thing for me to do. I usually wait until a week at least, if I even see it in the cinema at all. Realised that I haven't actually seen all seven movies that came before though, so I'm going to rectify that over the next week or so. On the other hand, I have finally managed to find all the films in the Hellraiser series. I'm sort of a fan of Clive Barker's work, although his involvement in the film franchise ceased after the third one, and while I own almost all his books, I haven't read enough of them to claim full membership in his fandom. Oh well, just one more stack of books going into that queue of things I need to read this summer. Sometimes, I honestly think it would be better if my taste in fiction were less omnivorous. Tomorrow, I'm going to bang out a short review for Sabotage Reviews, maybe two if I'm not too sleepy. I've already read the stuff, it just needs putting into words, how I feel about it. Have relatively unambivalent/uncomplicated thoughts on the material this time around, so the reviews should practically write themselves. Goodness knows I've thought enough about the first one, at the very least.

No comments: