Saturday, July 09, 2011

Episode 1020: John Barrowman Is Back!

Just dashed off the review of Cameron Vale's The Tradesman's Entrance for Sabotage Reviews that was due today. Really shouldn't have left it so late, especially since I finished reading the novelette weeks ago. Breezy read, incidentally, humour writing meets gay erotica, bundled up in a package that verges on being metafictional. Am now rewarding myself by watching the premiere of Torchwood: Miracle Day, hence the title of this post. It's actually a bit boring, as far as a premiere goes, even though it ends with an action sequence. It does, however, set up a premise for the season that if handled well, could make for a series as solid as Torchwood: Children Of Earth. (At least there isn't anyone left to kill this time, I guess? I do miss Ianto.) Was at MOE HQ again earlier in the day, for a tea session aimed at recruiting the next batch of MOE scholars. Gone are the days when it was held in a function room! Instead, the Edutorium was filled to a respectable extent. Not many people came up to talk to me during the subject-specific interaction segment (I was there as a current English Literature scholar), at least not as much as for say, Economics. I did, however, pick up a name card. Who knows? It might lead to an opportunity in the future, insofar as my eventual school posting is concerned.

No comments: