Sunday, July 31, 2011

Episode 1042: QC For Cabbies!

I might've said it before, but there seriously needs to be some form of quality control for cabbies in Singapore. Last night, it was a driver who ridiculously couldn't remember where Lentor Avenue was, which is by no means some random little road in a forgotten corner of the island. When asked to bring us to Yio Chu Kang, he went to Yio Chu Kang Road, but starting from the end not actually in the Yio Chu Kang area because he didn't know where Lentor Avenue was and therefore couldn't bring us to the right end of Yio Chu Kang Road, obviously. Tonight, it was a cabbie who was changing shift in Sembawang, and therefore drove me and my sisters to Yishun recklessly. Maybe, as Shirley said, I just have bad luck with taxis, but my experiences aren't unique. As much as I appreciate driving a taxi is a tough job in Singapore, I don't think I should have to suffer for it as a passenger. Anyway, I had a nice lunch today at Inagiku, right next to Shahi Maharani. Crazily expensive sashimi! Still think that the only sashimi I actually like is salmon. We actually wouldn't have eaten at the restaurant if my parents weren't Feed At Raffles members and could get discounts at this Japanese restaurant, so it was just a novel experience, I guess.

No comments: