Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Episode 1017: A Spot Of Industry...

Finished reading The Complete Excuses Handbook by Lou Harry and Julia Spalding this afternoon. Wasn't as funny as I thought it would be though. Also slightly disappointing was the submission to The Cadaverine that I finally got around to reading this evening. The New York agent really hyped it up, but I think the story still needs more work, so I've written back to say so. Didn't get as much sleep as I could have last night because a batch of simultaneous submissions came in and I wanted to deal with them as quickly as possible. Ended up taking almost all of them, and spent my time before lunch formatting the pieces. Now to hope my effort doesn't go to waste because the submissions get withdrawn. (I replied about an hour after receipt, so I guess that's not going to be likely, right?) The suitcase I shipped back from Heathrow arrived today as well, so I've unpacked stacks of poetry that are now precariously perched around my room. Might actually end up bringing some back and chucking them into storage, provided I finish reading them first.

No comments: