Saturday, September 03, 2011

Episode 1076: 10 Years, Seriously?!

So I finally saw the summer finale of Pretty Little Liars, which blew my mind. For a show ostensibly aimed primarily at tweens (it is aired on ABC Family after all), the plotting can get surprisingly, well, adult. The key revelation of the episode was such a surprise precisely because it didn't come as much of a surprise, given the events on the show till now, so it was pretty bold of the writers to go in this direction. No idea how the reveal of A's identity is handled in the book series, but I'm sure the twist can't be as good as what's on the TV series, assuming the two have diverged sufficiently by now. Anyway, I've finally got around to doing my online visa application, only to be thwarted by the section that asks for your immigration history over the past 10 years. Seriously, a decade? There wasn't even space in the online form for entering details of half of the total number of times I've been in and out of Singapore over the past 10 years. I've managed to list down all my trips though, and it turns out you can just key in the most recent trips and write out additional ones by hand on the printout of the online application form. As for reading, I've reached Part 4 of Troy Chin's The Resident Tourist, and I can safely say that lots of my friends who've lived overseas for a few years (and even some who haven't, like Shirley) will be able to identify with it. So head over to his site and support a local talent!

No comments: