Friday, September 09, 2011

Episode 1082: At The Races

Call me crazy, but I just don't get the appeal of horse racing. Each race lasts about two minutes at most, but in between, you wait about half an hour while the course gets smoothed down. I suppose you could occupy the time by figuring out which horse(s) to bet on? Well, at least now I can say I've been inside the Singapore Turf Club. Dad got invited to view the races because of his PPS Club membership, so I tagged along just for the hell of it. I have to admit, the air-conditioned comfort of the Bukit Box up here beats jostling with all the old uncles down there. Still, there isn't much point in this sort of exclusivity. After all, don't such things only have cache if other people can see you enjoy them? Give me the feeling of walking to the most expensive seating block in a theatre any day! (Or should that be evening?) I'll say though, there's at least one of Barbarella's fellow SPGs here. Yeah, so I might be shamelessly stereotyping, but if you could hear her speak, you would totally agree with my assessment. (She's not even pretty! Facially mismatched people are a private pet peeve of mine. I know it's shallow, but I like to think we're all of us entitled to our tiny shallownesses here and there.)

No comments: