Sunday, September 25, 2011

Episode 1098: Still Plugging Away...

'When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.' Barney Stinson, you are a wise man, and my friends who watch How I Met Your Mother (like Lizzie, Nick Marshall and Sophie) are really bad friends for not having forced me to watch this show sooner. I'm making my way through Season 2 now, as you might have guessed from the opening quote. Could probably finish it before I have to fly back. Trying to fit in another season alongside all the other TV shows I'm following is almost impossible though, especially if I'm trying to keep up with my reading as well. Am almost done with David Calcutt's The Map Of Marvels, and that's me set for one module for the first three weeks. Speed reading could allow me to finish another week's worth of children's books, but I'm thinking I should finish off the issue of Timothy McSweeney's Quarterly Concern I'm currently reading. (I left off at this non-fiction piece about the Unabomber, which I found pretty engrossing on my last MRT journey.) Also deciding which books I'm going to bring over to the UK this time, and I'm being disciplined about it. Anything I can find in the Warwick Library is out, so that's several Bloodaxe poetry anthologies axed from the list. Some unnecessary stuff is still on it though, like the three Philippe Grimbert novels, which I want to bring to read because it'll help me keep up with my French, except I already know I'm more likely than not to put off actually reading them, possibly for an entire year. Another 'luxury' item under consideration: 12 issues of Wholphin.

No comments: