Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Episode 1080: More Singaporeans Need To Read Troy Chin's The Resident Tourist!

Have finally finished Part 5 of The Resident Tourist, and am now more convinced than ever that a lot of my friends will enjoy the series, even identify with it. Since it's autobiographical, the narrative gets quite meta at times, which I like. Here's hoping that there'll be a Part 6, since Part 5 ended on a cliffhanger of sorts. Speaking of which, Troy himself actually seems like the kind of guy I could be friends with. As for what I'm going to read next, I'm thinking of switching gears entirely and picking up that Ox-Tales series of short stories I picked up at Oxfam a while back. Still trying to get through more issues of Timothy McSweeney's Quarterly Concern, of course. Anyway, I just watched another episode of Party Down because I want to finish off the series, but I really can't comprehend why Nick Chen insisted at the Summer Party that it's better than Community. Was he being deliberately contrarian? Or is his sense of humour so diametrically different from mine? On a somewhat related note, the number of TV shows I have on hand (past and present) may have gone past what can feasibly be viewed while holding down a steady job, even if I no longer find new shows to follow in the future (which is impossible).

No comments: