Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Episode 1086: Studying = Fun?

I've decided! EN978 it is. Sent an e-mail to the department to confirm the switch, then I went to the library to look for books on the recommended reading list. Was surprised that almost all the books can be found somewhere within the library system here, with about half of them available in the Yishun library branch itself. A couple more are at the library in Queenstown, so I'm going to quickly read a few I borrowed today by Friday and swap them for new ones before cell in the evening. I wanted to take a look at the readings for EN973 Poetry and Poetics, but I guess I can't access them yet, so I'm just going to look at the essays on the Poetry Foundation website. Starting to get excited about the modules I'm hopefully doing. Like I told Shirley, if I get all my choices, it'll really be like I'm getting money to enjoy what I'm studying. It's such a foreign concept for a Singaporean student, right? I'm already starting to get ideas on what I can write for the assessment for EN978. Up to 8000 words of fiction for younger readers is no joke! That's actually longer than anything I've had to write in three years of my BA.

No comments: