Monday, April 09, 2012

Episode 1295: Fallen London

So Phil's got me started on this web game called Fallen London, and it's pretty good. It's sort of Victorian gothic (so I've managed to get Maria playing it as well), with the storyline(s) getting doled out in bite-sized portions. There's also a limit to how many actions you can do before you have to wait for them to be replenished, so it's the sort of game that you don't have to spend too much time on if you don't want to. Plus for a change, it's a game that doesn't seem to require that you buy the premium in-game currency to get ahead, at least not so far. Admittedly, I've barely scratched the surface of the game because of the aforementioned constraint. A surprising number of my friends were already on it though. Makes me wonder how come I didn't discover it sooner! Haven't done any work today obviously, but I'm just treating this as the last day of my long (and unearned) Easter weekend break. (From what exactly I am taking a break would be an interesting question.) Starting tomorrow though, I'm going to knuckle down. First up, Bloom's The Anxiety Of Influence. I'm sure it's going to be a fascinating read...

No comments: