Monday, April 16, 2012

Episode 1302: Tomorrow, I Really Will Write Something For My Paper Tomorrow

So today hasn't exactly been productive, at least not when it comes to my conference paper. Unsurprisingly, the realisation that the paper only has to be 2500 words long has had the effect of prolonging my procrastination further. To be fair, I also spent the afternoon buying groceries and doing my laundry, as well as dealing with half a dozen Eunoia Review submissions, most of which landed in my inbox around dinnertime. Thankfully, most were short, or I'd probably still be reading them and then editing the accepted ones for the site until past midnight. As it is, I'll be lucky to get any reading done even, before going to bed. I am absolutely going to force myself to fashion some sort of opening paragraph tomorrow though. Just a paragraph because I'm being realistic, knowing the number of TV shows I watch on Tuesdays. Plus an opening paragraph wouldn't require me to have done all that much in-depth research, although I'm starting to think that a lot of the reading I was intending to do might be targeted at the wrong stuff, i.e. reading up on Edwin Thumboo as opposed to more generally, given that while I do want to talk in some detail about Thumboo's poem, it isn't necessarily within the scope of my paper (or my dissertation) to do a dissection of his oeuvre.

No comments: