Friday, April 20, 2012

Episode 1306: Buying Spree!

So today, Gregory Sherl's The Oregon Trail Is The Oregon Trail arrived in the post today, among lots of other things. The buying spree I went on not long ago is finally starting to arrive, so the time seemed right to go on another one. I bought Sherl's book because Chris Emslie (whose taste in writing I trust) has been raving on Facebook about him and I was curious. Turns out though that Sherl's book is part of Mud Luscious Press's Novel(la) series, and you know me, I love collecting, so I've pretty much ordered the whole print catalogue of Mud Luscious Press, and also that of its imprints Nephew and Blue Square Press. Helped that I randomly found USD 10 in my PayPal account, apparently a cashback for having bought something last year using PayPal, so clearly I had to spend it on something immediately. As expected, between my abysmal sleeping patterns (couldn't get to sleep, so I ended up watching the latest and very brilliant episode of Community twice) and meeting MA people for drinks in the afternoon (until late at night), I didn't write anything today for my paper, but it's still clear where it needs to go next, so I should be good for at least a few hundred words tomorrow before I need to head to Leamington to catch a ride from Claire to the Chipping Norton Literary Festival.

No comments: