Monday, April 30, 2012

Episode 1316: Temporary Departure...

Having talked it over with a bunch of people, I think I've got a better idea of what sort of questions I want to put to Thumboo now, so I'll get around to that once I'm back in Singapore and over my jet lag. Have also finished packing, more or less, and am hoping my carry-on doesn't get weighed this time. If it does, I'll just have to take out all the really heavy Brian Selznick hardbacks, put them in a plastic bag, and pretend that I just bought them at the airport or something. Would have even more books to bring back, except I rediscovered yesterday that all the books I was planning on bringing back to read for my dissertation are actually available at the Yishun library, which is great. Now it's a question of whether I do work on my dissertation while I'm in Singapore, apart from trying to interview various people. First though, I probably need to clear this backlog of reviews that is building up. Was going to write one over the weekend or today, but then I got caught up in packing and stuff like remembering to print my boarding pass and coach ticket for tomorrow, and finishing all my food in the refrigerator. Definitely not looking forward to having to reclaim my fridge space when I get back in a month...

No comments: