Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Episode 1444: I Really Should Start Writing Poetry Again

So I took a break from packing today and did some reading instead. Picked up the Hippocrates Prize anthologies from the Bookshop a couple of weeks ago, so that's what I've been reading, partly out of sheer interest, partly so that I can box up a few more books. Lots of solid work in these anthologies, kind of makes me want to get back to writing poetry. Any sort of creative writing, really. That's been completely on hold while I've been writing the dissertation and the elegy essay, though I've noticed that I now have a tendency to opt for alliterative phrasing in my sentences. I doubt my markers will actually notice, but I still do it anyway. Also, I finally watched that 'Gangnam Style' video that's become an Internet phenomenon. It was okay, although somehow I find the fact that it's turned into such a global hit vaguely disturbing. On the other hand, what do I know, since right after that, I watched the video for Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' and actually found it rather enjoyable. Not a Swift fan in general, but that song definitely has my seal of approval.

No comments: